The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Monday, August 27, 2007

We're ALL Home!!

Brandon and I picked up our newest bundles of joy from the hospital yesterday afternoon! It was a very relaxed ride home...I remember bringing Jackson home from the hospital and being so nervous. It's nice to feel confident in our ability to take care of the babies instead of anxious like we were with Jackson.

We came home to a quiet house. Tonya, Trey and the kids have been here this weekend, but they were all out (with Jackson) getting lunch when we got home. It was nice to walk in and have a few minutes to get settled (somewhat!) before everyone got back. I was feeding Maggie when the crew walked in...Jackson was so excited to meet his little brother and sister for the first time! We are very proud of him...he went over to each baby and softly talked to them, gently touched them, etc. He excitedly showed them off to Dad and Janine when they walked in. It is very endearing to see him adjust so well to all that's happened in the last several months, and instead of being jealous of Maggie & William he was just thrilled to show them off. Jackson is a very special child and I am constantly proud of him and want to show him off just like he showed the twins off.



We had lots of other family visitors yesterday...Peppy drove up from Auburn to see the babies and drop off food. Brian, Jen and Morgan came over to get a chance to hold/see the babies again. Lastly, Mimi flew in from a Lifeway conference to spend the next week with us. I am really glad to have lots of help as we adjust. As I said, Mimi is here this week, Peppy will be here next week and we're very blessed to have family in town that will also help us as needed.
We had a GREAT first night!! The babies ate and slept all night on a 3-4 hour schedule. Other than some occasional baby noises, we didn't hear from them until mealtimes. Jackson came into our room at about 4:15 this morning...we went ahead and let him stay and sleep in our bed since the twins were also in our room. So, we had two babies in the pack n' play, one dog on the floor, two adults in the bed, plus one snuggly 2 1/2+ year old. Jackson woke up this morning as I was feeding the babies and couldn't wait to hold them again. Like I said, it was a great first night and I hope we have many others like it.

This is Jackson's last week at Marianne's (babysitter) house. She was a huge help to us while I was in the hospital and I know that we will sometimes miss Jackson going over there. She loves him so much and has been a constant during these last several months. Jackson starts his M/W/F morning preschool next week and will be home with me the other days. I'm excited to have more time with him now that we're finished with the hospital and a little anxious at juggling 3 children. I know all will be fine and that we'll just figure it out as we go.

Maggie and William have their first appointment tomorrow morning at the pediatrician. We love our pediatric group and are excited to take them to their first appointment!

Guess that's it for now...it's almost feeding time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're home and I love the pictures! You look so natural with all your babies! Hope this first week at home goes very smoothly.

marile said...

What wonderful Joys! Seems so strange to see you with babies, I can remember when you were just a baby yourself. I can remember you sitting in the tall stool w/ the ladder in the bottom of it when I would come to visit. Just making a funny! Love you lots. Enjoy your time. They grow so fast. Our two boys are in their 1st weeks of High school and Jr. High school. I can remember their 1st days of 1st grade as it was just yesterday.

Your cousin Marile.

Ps....I love the names, super job!!!