The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

They've Stolen Our Hearts!

I wasn't sure how I would feel having two more babies. During the pregnancy I went through periods of excitement and sadness. The sadness was purely linked to Jackson no longer being an only child and having to get used to not just one new baby, but two at once. Well, I can say without a doubt that I love Maggie & William with all my heart! They have done so well since birth...I am very proud of them and feel so protective of them. They are the sweetest (biased opinion) and most quiet babies (fact!) in the NICU. It was hard for me to not get to see them right after they were born. I was taken from recovery to the NICU, but was only able to see them for a few minutes. That first night I had a hard time feeling like they were my babies...I just felt disconnected from them since I wasn't able to hold/take care of them.

The c-section went really well. I was so scared and nervous that I ended I crying through most of it. I'm sure the surgery team was glad to see me leave the OR! It was a bit surreal to have surgery while awake, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It was really fast...seems like I was in and out of the OR in 30 minutes. I'm feeling really well so far. The first day was a little rough, but yesterday and today have been really good. I am religiously taking the pain meds so that I can stay in front of the pain instead of trying to catch up when I'm hurting. This is a much easier recovery (so far) than I had with Jackson...what a relief!

Many of you have asked about Maggie's hair...yes, she's a blond! What a shocker! I could never have imagined a blond child coming from Brandon and I. William looks just like Jackson did and Mimi says that Maggie looks like Brandon did as a baby. They are so very sweet and I love getting to see, hold and feed them. When we go to the NICU for a feeding we take their temps and change their diapers before starting the feeding. It's hard to believe that so much poop can come out of these little babies :) I took last night off from feeding to get a good nights sleep and was so excited to wake up this morning knowing that I would see them shortly. The NICU has been a really great experience for us so far. I know that it will be hard to leave them here at the hospital, but it is very comforting to know that they are in good hands. I am definitely looking forward to them being home with us and having our family finally complete. They nurse that I spoke with this morning doesn't think it will be long before they are able to be home. They have to be weaned off of one last IV (contains vitamins) and will need to be able to regulate their temps...once those goals are accomplished they'll be home with us. I'm hopeful that it will be sometime this weekend, but also realize that it could be sometime next week before they are home.

Jackson hasn't been able to see the babies yet. I can't wait to introduce them all and am anxious to see how Jackson will react. I think he will be very curious and excited. We've shown him a couple pictures and told him that they are no longer in Mommy's belly, but not getting to actually see them makes the situation a little hard for him to understand.

I love the fact that I am now the mother of three and wouldn't want it any other way. I know that we will have some rough moments over the next several months/years, but I really look forward to all of it! When I look at the babies in the nursery that don't have a sibling sharing their bed I feel a little sorry for them. Maggie and William snuggle and are such a comfort to each other. I am proud to have three gorgeous kids and know that Brandon and I are so blessed. Thank you all, again, for your prayers and well wishes. It's been a long, hard road and we couldn't have gotten through it as well without everyone's love and support.

PS...
I was feeding William the other night and singing lullaby's to him. I started singing Amazing Grace...after getting to the second verse I heard a man singing along with me. He continued to sing with me through a 3rd verse also. I didn't realize that others would be able to hear me singing to the babies and thought it was funny to sing a duet with the stranger sitting across the room.

We'll download and post more pictures this afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissy... I am so proud of you, Brandon and Jackson for the way you are handling the new additions to your (our) family!! You look great, W&M look great, Jackson looks great and Brandon loo... well, it's Brandon!! :)

What a wonderful family you have. Janine, Alex and I love you very much.

Dad

Anonymous said...

wow- they are beautiful and i am looking forward to seeing more pictures! sounds like you are adjusting well so far and have a positive attitude towards the future. i'm proud of you, too, and i know you are a fabulous mom of three! what a blessing(s) you have been given!

Anonymous said...

Christy - I am so excited for you and Brandon! I can't wait to come and visit the new babies. They are precious!

Karen