The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Countdown Has Begun!

Well, I've now been in the hospital for 12 days...seems unreal. Last night I saw my doctor and he let me know that the doctors had discussed my case and plan to take the babies next week. I'll be 34 weeks. The reason for going ahead and delivering is that William has changed positions from vertex (head down) to transverse (laying across my belly). This puts him at risk because there is a chance of a cord prolapse if my water breaks. So, the plan is to have the c-section at the beginning to middle of next week. I should know the actual date on Monday. If William has flipped back to a head down position, then delivery may be put off for a little while longer. Please start saying prayers for me that the c-section and recovery goes well...I am very nervous about the c-section. Please pray for the babies that they would continue to put on weight before they make their debut. My OB estimates that they will spend 0-7 days in the NICU, but you never really know until the baby is born.

Peppy drove up yesterday to pick up Jackson for a long weekend in Auburn. He's having a great time! They went to Target yesterday and Jackson picked out a backpack with a soccer ball on the front...it has a sleeping bag attached along with a water bottle, flashlight and whistle...I know he was thrilled about the treat! They also picked a backpack out for Morgan...she'll be there Saturday/Sunday. I know the cousins will get a kick out of wearing their backpacks together. Jackson even slept in the sleeping bag last night, which is a first for him! This morning Jackson and Peppy went to the AU Fire Station and they let Jackson climb into all 4 firetrucks and wear a helmet. Jackson was a little shocked when they got an emergency call...he was able to watch the firemen get ready, run to the trucks and speed out of there with sirens and lights on. I know that was so cool to him! Mom also took him to the AU football museum. She said that Jackson jumped up and down, so excited about "a game, a game!!" Brandon will definitely have to take Jackson to a game this season. The rest of the plan today was to eat lunch, nap, then go to the AU golf course with Kim to play golf! When Mom called today I heard Jackson say, "I'm having fun!" It's so nice to know that he enjoys all his grandparents so much...we're so blessed to have good ones!

Brandon is spending the night at the hospital tonight...I'm glad to have the company! We're taking a tour of the NICU tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Thanks again for all the prayers, calls and emails. We'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to know that the babies could be here next week! i know you must be ready! i'm looking forward to hearing about their arrival! have a great weekend with brandon!