The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thank you all for the kind words of support and encouragement...yesterday was a very bad day for me, but I'm happy to say that I moved on and am back to feeling semi-upbeat about the situation. I am very blessed to have so many family and friends that love me, Brandon and Jackson...thank you so much!

One of the worst parts about yesterday was not understanding why I needed to stay for another two weeks when the risk factors had resolved. It just didn't make sense to me. I asked my doctor about it this morning. He seemed surprised and said that the risk factors aren't "gone". Yes, Maggie has gained weight and that did resolve one of the problems. With William changing to a head down position, he not only got himself into the position that the docs were wanting, but he also proved that he can still flip around at will. So, I'm being kept in the hospital due to being dilated 3cm and because of William flipping around so easily. They want to monitor his cycle of flipping over the next two weeks to determine whether I can come home before they are born. If I were to go home and William turned transverse we would have a potentially fatal situation on our hands if my water were to break and his cord slipped down. I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive myself if that were to happen especially knowing that staying in the hospital lowers that risk significantly (because they could get me into the OR fast enough and perform an emergency c-section to get William out). At 36 weeks, if he stays head down I will be released because he will be big enough that more flipping will probably not happen.

I asked if they could just deliver the babies on August 27th (also, my Dad and Granddaddy's birthday) when I turn 36 weeks instead of sending me home. The doctors had talked about it, but really want to give the babies the best chance of not going to the NICU, so the earliest they will schedule my c-section is 37 weeks (Sept. 3rd). So potentially, I'll spend the next two weeks here, one week at home (Mimi might come stay that week so I'm not alone...and Jackson could be home, too!) then go in for my scheduled c-section on September 3rd (sorry Dad, they may not make it to the first AU game!). This all could change anytime if I were to go into labor on my own.

I'm more settled about the plan, though I still 150% hate being away from Jackson and Brandon. I know that they are doing okay and are being taken care of, but my goodness I wish I were there!!! This week I've been able to ride in a wheelchair 30 minutes a day. I can't leave the floor that I'm on, so the highlight has been going to the nursery and seeing all the babies. They are so cute! I can't wait to have my two babies here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better today. Just think, within 3 weeks you will be a mom of 3! Well, technically you already are. I love the daily updates so keep them coming! Love you!

Anonymous said...

WHEN DO WE HEAR FROM THE MOYHER AND BABYS WOULD REALY LIKE TO KNOW HOW ALL THREE ARE DOINH LOVE NELSON