The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Countdown, What Countdown??

The countdown has officially stopped. My doc came in this morning and told me that since William has flipped to heads down and Maggie has gained weight, the major issues they were concerned about have been resolved. Here's the kicker...there isn't a reason to speed delivery up at this point so they want to keep me in the hospital until 36 weeks (August 27), then send me home and let me go into labor on my own. I didn't even try to hide my tears from the doctor. Having to spend another two weeks in the hospital sounds like pure torture, especially given the fact that I was told we'd have the babies this week or next. I am very upset. I want the twins to be healthy, but at the same time the thought of staying in the hospital another two weeks is almost more than I can handle. It means that I won't be able to go to Jackson's parent/teacher meeting and I won't be able to take him to school on his first day. I am so sad and frustrated. For my sanity, please do not tell me that two more weeks is not that long or I'm being negative, yada, yada, yada...this is not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you girl. I know it must be hard to keep waiting and waiting. If it makes you feel any better, I'm having gallbladder surgery on my William's first day of school. I'll try to call you soon.

Anonymous said...

I know this is extremely tough on you and it breaks my heart that you are hurting!! You know that we are all doing whatever we can to take care of Jackson (and Brandon, of course!) while his mommie is away "baking" his little brother and sister for as long as possible. Please don't worry about Jackson and Brandon. They have proven to be very strong during this ordeal and we are proud of them both!!

Two more weeks is an extremely long time and I can't imagine going through it myself but I know you will be strong and will make it. As you said, if anyone says they would like to trade places they are crazy!!

Just think, by the time the 1st Auburn game rolls around we will have two more AU fans and future alumni!!!

I love you and am very proud of you.

Penny said...

Christy,

I am so sorry this has been so stressful for you. Your Daisy Brand friends are praying for you and wishing for you that these next 2 plus weeks go extremely fast and aren't so stressful.
I can't imagine how uncomfortable and stressed you are to stay in the hospital for this long. You will get through this and be okay.
After you sent the email with the blog announcing twins, I have popped in there once in awhile to read up on the latest and will then relay information to those that knew you. We now have 10 people in our department. Cottage cheese is going well and selling in TX, OK, MO, MI, and AZ. We broke ground on our new plant last February out in the Phoenix area. Please do send out pictures when Maggie and William finally make their debut.

I see a well deserved "Spa Day" in your future once these babies are here!!! Take Care.

- Penny Dees