The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Thursday, August 16, 2007

WAHOO!!!!!

I just got very exciting news from one of my doctors! We have a new game-plan!

Both babies continue to do really well and during an ultrasound this morning (both scored 8/8) we found out that both are in the head down position. Here's the new plan...
On Monday I will do my usual morning routine of breakfast then an ultrasound. We will check the babies growth again, but the doctors are not concerned about their sizes. After the ultrasound I will spend the rest of the day walking around the hospital. If I go into labor from the walking then the c-section will be performed that day and we'll have babies! If I don't go into labor, the doctor will check my cervix on Tuesday morning...if there has been any change they'll deliver the babies. If there has not been any change, I will be discharged to my home, sweet home. I asked whether they are concerned about William changing positions and they said that he's more likely to change while I'm on bedrest...if I'm up and about then gravity will help him stay in the head down position. I'm not sure yet whether I'll be sent home on any restrictions, but know that since I've been in bed so long I won't have a ton of energy. Part of me would love to be sent home so I can spend time with Jackson and Brandon before the babies get here (plus it would give them more time to put on weight). On the other hand, I can't wait to meet Maggie & William. I know that God has already determined their birthday...it's comforting to trust in that fact!

Brandon will take Monday and Tuesday off just in case we end up delivering. Exciting stuff is right around the corner! Thank you all for your prayers...please keep them coming! I'm still very nervous about the c-section, but trust that God will keep me and the babies safe (and Brandon from passing out! j/k).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such great news!!! What a relief to know that you'll either have babies or go home next week! I know you're so thankful. I'll be praying for you about the c-sections. It was scary for me the first time too, but looking back it wasn't bad at all. And if Randy made it through 2 c-sections without passing out, I'm sure Brandon will get through it just fine! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christie,
I am so excited for you and Brandon. My Mother is a twin and it was always such a special thing for them. I am praying for you to have a safe delivery and God's protection to be covering your precious babies as well.
Keeping you in my heart and prayers - Kem