The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Friday, August 24, 2007

Making Great Progress!!

The babies are doing very well! Last night they were down to just vitamins through their IV's...this morning their IV's were removed!! Because they are doing so well with the feedings, they are now on an ad lib schedule. This means that they will eat on demand instead of having to stay to a strict "every 3 hours" schedule. I got to dress them in regular clothes (the NICU has tons of clothes for the babies to wear) and they are not having to stay under the heat lamps anymore. All of this is really good progress! They have to prove now that they can regulate their body temperatures and could be home tomorrow or Sunday!

I am feeling pretty great also. I haven't taken anything besides Ibuprofen for pain since yesterday morning...the nurses are very surprised. I went down to the NICU for every feeding yesterday from 8am-8pm, at which point I was exhausted. I was able to pump throughout the night so the babies still got breastmilk. I am being discharged today. I don't have to leave until 11:59 pm, so I'll probably stay through their 8pm feeding then plan to be up hear early in the morning.

We have some cute pictures to share with you all but I can't find the camera cord to load them on the computer. Check back this afternoon for new pics. I'm going to catch a quick nap before heading back downstairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great news! i can't wait to hear that you've brought the babies home and all is well! praying for you...