The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Monday, June 11, 2007

25 Weeks!

Another week...another milestone.

I went to the doctor this morning. Everything looked really good on the ultrasound! Janine was with me so she got to see the babies for the first time...we saw William yawning and Maggie sticking out her tongue. It was pretty cute! I am still on strict bedrest, but the doctor said that I can go to the pool 1-2 times a week to float for 20-30 minutes...FREEDOM (even if it is for a short amount of time)!!

Jackson got home on Saturday afternoon. He was very excited to see his Daddy and when they got home he ran inside calling my name. I am so glad to have him home, although it's a bit bittersweet because I can't be up doing anything with him. He had a great week with Mimi & Doff in Dothan...thank you guys for taking such good care of him!! Saturday night I had Jackson put his hand on my belly while the babies were moving. He didn't seem to notice anything at first, but all of a sudden he froze and looked at my belly. I know he felt the babies move, but of course, has no idea what he was feeling.

I've received voicemails and cards from a couple people that I don't know...they know me through Margaret and just want to extend their support to us. It's very sweet and I really appreciate their thoughtfulness. We have been surrounded by family, friends, neighbors, etc. and as I said before, it's humbling to be on the receiving end of such kindness and support.

Today was Jackson's first day back at his babysitters house. It was her birthday and she gave Jackson some flowers out of her b-day bouquet to bring home to me. It was very sweet. Jackson came in yelling "I you, I you"...meaning "for you". He gave me the flowers, then helped Brandon put them in water. Brandon was going to put them on the mantle, but Jackson started crying...he wanted the special flowers right next to his Mommy. Once they were in their "proper place" he said "I you" again. I said thank you and he followed with "you're welcome" (something we haven't heard him say before).

He had a bit of a rough day at Marianne's...wouldn't eat after breakfast and only took a 40 minute nap. As soon as he was in the car coming home with Brandon, he was fast asleep. Poor little guy has had his world turned upside down over the last couple weeks. He snuggled with me for about an hour this afternoon...I ate it up!! I know he knows that something is going on and is dealing with it as best he can. Brandon and I are doing the best we can to help him in this adjustment period. We are blessed that he is a sweet child...expressive (good & bad!), playful and loving.

Please say some extra prayers for Jackson that he feels our love surrounding him and is able to express himself in a way that we can understand so that we can help him to understand that things are different but will return to normal soon. Even though "normal" will change with the addition of William and Maggie. Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are doing better! i'm so thankful that you are being well taken care of. wish i could be there to help in some way. know that i'm still praying. love you!

texpat said...

Wow, so much has happened since I last tuned in. Know that you and hubby are in my prayers as are all your precious kids. Cassia