The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

This has been an exciting week so far. On Monday I reached the first milestone set by my doctors...28 weeks! Now the goal is to reach 30, 32, 34 and hopefully 36 weeks...which means I only have 6-8 weeks left of being pregnant (yea!). It has definitely been a difficult pregnancy and I am ready to hold my new babies in my arms and never be pregnant again! Since I am now able to go out 2 hours a week, I spent Tuesday afternoon at the salon having my hair done. It looks so much better and makes me feel so good :)

On Wednesday, 4th of July, we had family and friends over for a BBQ. Peppy also came in town and is staying through Saturday. Morgan and Jackson played in the kiddie pool in the backyard, while the adults relaxed on the back patio. Our friends let me borrow a camping-type chair that has a leg rest, so I'm able to be outside some while still lying/reclining back.

Peppy brought Jackson's wooden bed frame with her and we were able to get it set up last night. She's also working on a couple projects to complete Jackson's room while she's here. When it's finished, I'll post pictures. Peppy has some great ideas and I can't wait to see it all come together!

Mom also brought matching 4th of July shirts for the kids as you can see in the picture...too cute!

We got the furniture in the twins room rearranged and bedding is now in both cribs! It makes me feel better to see the rooms put together in a way that is functional/livable, though I wish I could help do some of it! We've still got a ways to go in getting the nursery organized, but at least now the babies have somewhere to sleep!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow for an ultrasound, etc. It's been nice to see the twins so often via ultrasound, though now that they are getting bigger it's harder to see them on the screen. I haven't heard back about my 3-hr. glucose test yet...still keeping my fingers crossed that I passed! I'll let you know :)

No comments: