The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Seal has been Broken!

Jackson's FINALLY a toilet pooper! He's been peeing in the potty for several months, exclusively wearing big boy underwear, but had some kind of mental block about pooping in the potty. We decided to just wait it out and let him decide when he was ready to finish this last part of potty training. When he needed to go he used to say, "Mommy, I need a pull-up," and we'd take his underwear off, put a pull-up and shorts (???) back on him and he'd run to his playroom to take care of business. Last week I started bribing him with matchbox cars if he would poop in the bathroom instead of his playroom (he'd stand in the doorway so he was "technically" in the bathroom). This past Monday he asked for a pull-up and we ended up with a bit of a mess (he'd eaten lots of fruit for breakfast :)) so I told him that I was finished with pull-ups and that from now on he'd need to poop on the potty. Yes, I know this is way TMI!!! So on Tuesday morning he asked for a pull-up. I reminded him that we weren't using pull-ups anymore and that he'd need to go sit on the toilet. He said "ok, I sit on the potty and then I get my train table!" (We've had the train table in the garage for 6 months waiting for him to poop on the potty). After about 5 minutes, and a bit of reluctance/fear, he did it!! I was so happy I almost started crying :) After we got home from the gym Tuesday night, Brandon and Jackson put his new train table together. On Wednesday he asked for a pull-up twice and when I said no, he'd just say that's ok, I don't have to go anymore. Then this morning he asked for a pull-up again and I said no, but I'll give you another car if you poop on the potty. Apparently, bribes work because he went to the bathroom and within 10 seconds had pooped. This afternoon, he said "Mommy, I need to go poop on the potty!" Mission Accomplished...whew!! :) I am now very proud to say that we are officially 100% potty trained. Can you hear the angels singing?? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SURE DO ENJOY HEARING FROM THE 5 OF YOU. LOVE YOU ALL. WE CAN READ AND LOOK AT PICTURES EVEN IN CALIFORNIA LOVE YOU UNCLE NELSON