The Norris Family

The Norris Family

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

6 Weeks!

Six weeks feels like a huge milestone. A lot of people ask me how things are going with the twins, how they sleep, eat, etc. The short answer is that things are really good. The long answer is that, yes, things are good...the babies are sweet...sleep is hard to come by some nights...some nights we're pleasantly surprised because the babies slept 5 hours in a row...William has fussy time for about an hour some nights...Maggie is the more content baby (though as soon as I say that, she'll start fussing!)...having twins is not nearly as hard as I expected...but it is a lot harder and busier than just having one baby...William is a good eater, but Maggie is better...William loves his binky, Maggie isn't very interested in hers...Brandon and I are tired...William looks like his big brother...I still can't figure out who Maggie looks like :)...I'm surprised to say that I really like my mini-van (shock!)...Jackson is an exceptional big brother...

I'm sure there's more. Things really are good and I'm enjoying being home with the kids. I like to get out of the house at least once a day for sanity sake...today we met Brandon at his office for lunch. Tomorrow Jackson has school and I'm going to Yoga/Pilates at church (I'm writing this on our blog to keep myself accountable!). On Thursday I'm taking the kids to Jackson's old babysitter to let Marianne see Jackson and meet the twins...she's pretty excited. This weekend is my Annual Girls Weekend...I'm looking forward to spending time with good friends from high school and college.

I promised stats from the twins doctor visit last week...

Maggie:
Weight - 8 lbs, 0.4 oz (16%)
Height - 20 1/4" (17%)
Head Circumference - 13.8 (7%)

William:
Weight - 8 lbs, 12 oz (20%)
Height - 21 1/4" (30%)
Head Circumference - 15.25 (51%)

We got a great report for both babies at the appointment!! They have both gained 3+ pounds since birth...little porkers! A PPS heart murmur was detected in Maggie that should resolve on it's own and is not a major concern. We go back in about a month for their next well-baby check and their first round of shots :(

William has been making "cooing" noises for about a week. I love to hear his sweet voice...the first noises are so special! I was talking to Maggie today, tickling her double chin and she smiled in response to me...I loved it! It's so fun to watch their personalities develop.

That's it for now...here are some recent pictures...

Jackson and Daddy at an AU game. He likes to say "Go Auburn, HEY!"
William and Maggie holding hands
Jackson in a fall outfit embroidered by Aunt Fran (thank you!)